Wednesday, April 9, 2008

WEEK OF UPS AND DOWNS

The week started badly for me. I went down to Kuala Pilah and Sri Menanti to check out potential locations for my series Bilik No 13. There to greet me and take me to the sites were Sri Menanti residents Annuar and Tengku Lynn (who is my Production Manager).
Our first stop was to check out the oil palm estates - a location for my season opening episode "Harimau Jadian". Immediately after that I went to a kampung house situated near a hillock that was being cleared. I happen to be attracted to this unusual clump of trees (about four of them) in the middle of an already cleared area.
As I neared it, I realised that there were two pieces of rocks jutting out from the ground in the middle of these trees.
The gravestones of YAMTuan Hitam. Picture taken minutes before I fell and hurt my ankle by the roadside about 30 meters from this site.
When I came back to the waiting car, I asked Annuar what the rock formation was - it looked like an old grave. Annuar told me that it was the grave of YamTuan Hitam...an infamous character from the past. Yikes! I had gone walking to a 'tempat keras' without giving my salams! And at that precise moment, I tripped and sprained my already bad left ankle. I fell hard on the ground, smashing my SLR's protective LCD glass. The glass shards cut my left palm. But the excruciating pain of my ankle being twisted was just out of this world. I nearly passed out but the makcik who was in the house where we parked our cars, called me in to lie down whilst she massaged my rapidly swelling ankle. She told me I should have 'beri salam' as it had just turned noon.
The rest of the day saw me sitting quietly in my car as I ordered my son, Abadi, to shoot more pictures of other locations. I couldn't walk without tears coming out of my ears.
A couple of hours later we decided to call it a day as I couldn't really function well. The next day, I went to Assunta for some XRays. Luckily there were no fractures, but the soft tissues were badly traumatised...hehehe. So - no golf again for TWO months...keep the weight off my ankle as much as possible, some pain killing pills and anti-inflammation tablets and I have to once again wear my ankle splints. Bummer!
So I had to postpone the shoot of Bilik No. 13 to next week Monday. Hopefully, it would have healed enough for me to at least be able to walk around in short stints. To fans of the series, we will be shooting around Kuala Pilah town (the Rest House area) and various spots in and around Sri Menanti. Don't be a stranger. Drop by and say hi.
The good news for the week? Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-2 at Anfield yesterday!! Yes...now we meet Chelsea in the semi-finals.
Another piece of good news - Wendy's burgers are in town! My favourite burgers are back in KL!!! Yeay!! It's been months since I last had one in Jakarta (yes, I do rush to Wendy's whenever I'm in Jakarta) but now I don't have to. My favorite half-pounder is in town!!! And no they did not pay me to say all these things about their burgers k??!!
Here's my list of favourite burger joints: Joint first: Wendy's and White Castle (Jakarta and US of A).
Can some rich soul please bring back White Castle to Malaysia PLEASE!!!!!
In second place: Hotshots Burgers(Jakarta and the Philippines) In third place: Jackson's burgers in Section 14 PJ (go try the crab burgers!) In fourth place: Mike's burgers (In Thailand) In fifth place: Hard Rock Cafe Burgers (all over the world). Worst burgers I've ever tasted or burgers not worth the money you pay for it - The Daily Grind in Bangsar.

No comments: