Monday, December 17, 2007

Life Is But A Blink In the Mind's Eye

Monday 17th December 2007 - at around 2 pm today, a very close friend of mine passed away. He was Bal Bahadur Rana. He was 53. We had planned to meet up sometime this week for business - it never happened. In a blink of an eye, he was gone. On Raya Day when he dropped by my family's house in Janda Baik to pay me a visit and a few days later, I met him again at another friend's open house. That was the last I met him. His family, friends, relatives and the Gurkha community in Malaysia are in shock. A jovial and wonderful person, full of life, a better golfer than I am, great smile - Bal has left us too soon. He was the Managing Director of SecureGuards, one of the country's top security services firm. He came from a long line of heroic Gurkhas who served Malaya. His father Bhaktar Bahadur made Malaya his home in 1942 at the age of 18. Bal followed his footsteps and was the force behind the family's success in the security business.
I will miss him. Very very much. Farewell my good friend. We had wonderful memories together. Rest In Peace. In the picture below from right: Bal Bahadur, Wilson, Tiar, Shukor, Azizan, Nasir, Shakir, Raja Hizad and Ayub - all golf buddies and friends.

No comments: