Sunday, January 11, 2009

SAPIENTA ET CARITAS - 50 YEARS OF IT

Sapienta et caritas - wisdom and love. This is my alma mater's motto. Yesterday, my old school La Salle PJ celebrated its Golden Jubilee.
I attended in hope to meet old friends, classmates and teachers. Unfortunately only a handful turned up.
However, it was heartwarming for me to see my old headmaster Brother Lawrence Spitzig, now 91 years old, appearing and giving a speech, albeit on wheelchairs.
Teachers who attended included my former BM and Form Class teacher Puan Wok Kamaliah and one of the most popular teachers ever in LSPJ's history, Mr Subra.
Blogger with popular teacher Mr Subra. He's into greening the world these days since his retirement 15 years ago.
The celebration ended with a torch run in the padang, but after a rousing round of singing the school rally - Cheer cheer and courage display, all you La Sallians, join in the lay.
None of my classmates turned up, but a few seniors did, including Abang Hamzah, who was school head prefect and one year my senior in school.

The school assembly area, where many students were caned...including yours truly.

No comments: