Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DREAMS - STRANGE AND DISCONCERTING

Dreams can be weird. Had a disturbing night last night. At about 4 in the morning my mom woke me up and said calmly that my dad had fallen off the bed. I rushed to the room and saw my dad looking slightly bewildered on the floor by his bed.
My youngest son and I carried him back to his bed. He was okay and said that he had a nightmare and fell off the side of the bed. But luckily he is okay. No bruises at all.
Then when I went back to sleep, I got into a fitful state. I woke up every fifteen minutes. And when I did manage to fall asleep I had the strangest dream.
I was walking with my brother I think when I happen to glance upwards and saw a small plane flying past us. A split second later, I saw a commercial plane veering away i the sky without a wing and smoke was trailing its tail. The plane sort of flipped and went careening to earth and crashed behind us. We rushed to see the place wreck, and came upon a beach full of debris and other people picking up the pieces. And then I woke up.
I cannot remember what place it was but it was definitely not Malaysian Airlines of AirAsia. I don't believe in premonitions but the dream was so real and quite disconcerting.
In the papers today, AirAsia announce they were doing away with their fuel surcharges and giving away 500,000 free tickets. Malaysian Airlines on the other hand announced in an ad today their really great promotions for the next two days.
No, I doubt these events are connected. But heck, I was a little taken aback by the dream.
Nevertheless, I need to watch over my dad closely these days.

No comments: