Sunday, November 9, 2008

WHEN WHITE GUYS PLAY FUNK AND DISCO

The 70s were memorable years for me. I finished secondary school, lost my virginity, danced to disco music, earned my first pay cheque, and etc etc etc. Heh heh. It was also the era of great dance bands - Earth Wind and Fire, B.T. Express, Commodores, Chic, Kool and The Gang. Even Africa produced a great group called Osibisa.
However, some of the most memorable, if not corny music during the disco era, came from the white guys. Check out below for some of the white bands that made it big during the 70s and early 80s. Listen closely too to the great lyrics. Do you remember their names? Not in the same order as the videos - K.C. and The Sunshine Band, Rick Dees, Silver Convention, Leo Sayer, Bee Gees, Andy Gibb, Rare Earth, Wild Cherry and Walter Murphy. Hahaha.





















There's more....now come to thing of it, who killed disco? I think the white guys did it.

No comments: