Friday, May 30, 2008

ME? BLOGSPOTTED BY MM (NO NOT MARINA MAHATHIR - MALAM MAIL LAH)

I want to take this opportunity to apologise to all the long-time bloggers for my 'appearance' in Malay Mail's Blogspot today. Maybe many believe that as a young blogger (one year this July), I shouldn't be featured. Well, you know what? Tough luck. Hehehhehehe.
Anyway, I would like to thank Sheila Rahman for picking on me, oops, I mean picking me. When you told me you actually read my blog, the visitor statistics jumped 100 percent. Me - one. With Sheila - two!! Hundred percent leap in visitor numbers!
And now with the plug in Malay Mail, I'm sure the numbers will increase threefold - to six!!! Hehehehe.
Seriously, folks, I really would like to say thank you to Malay Mail for blogspotting me today.
The article was one of the few bright things that happened to me today.
I took time off with the Home Affairs Minister (my wife) and my number two son, Hadi, to the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center for the Bookfest. I had missed the National Book Fair recently so I didn't want to miss this one. Heck, I should have. The Bookfest was just a big Popular Bookstore fair. Nothing much else. I think 50% of the hall was Mandarin books! And to top it all off, I had to pay to get into the hall.
There was nothing much for me to buy in terms of books, since the interesting ones were in Mandarin. The other books on display or for sale are those readily available in any other bookstore in town, so it was nothing great being there. Nevertheless, I got a couple of DVDs that were on sale and nothing much else. The wife bought a DVD on Chinese Tea Preparation (no English subtitles and in Mandarin) and I bought an old live TV recording of the Rat Pack (Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr and Frank Sinatra) in action.
After the visit, I wondered - would a Malay book exhibition or fair draw the same kind of crowd like this one did? I'm sure the National Book Fair had plenty of BM books on display and for sale - but compared to what Popular Bookstore did at this Bookfest of theirs, I just wonder you know?
Anyways, its going to be a long night for me as I need to rewrite my scripts for Bejalai and Ronggeng since the location owner has increased his price to something I can't afford - not on my measly TV budget. So it's gonna be a sleepless night whilst I try to solve my own Gordion Knot. Arggggghhhhh!

No comments: