Sunday, May 11, 2008

WORKING WITH AN OLD COLLEAGUE

We wrapped episode 6 entitled Peti just before midnight last night (Saturday). Once again I got to work with my old colleague Kee Thuan Chye. Last I worked with him was on my digital feature Ah Loke Cafe way back in 2005. He plays a down and out contract worker whose savings are slowly being gambled away by his wife and mother in law. His wife is played by another Ah Loke Cafe alumnus - Sue Tan. Veteran TV actress Margaret Gan plays his mother in law. Things get better for him when he receives a mysterious empty chest from a distant uncle who passed away. He unlocks the secret of the chest soon after - the chest gives him money in exchange for live animals.
Kee plays the role of Keong nagged endlessly by his wife (Sue Tan)

Shoot was quite hectic because we only had two days to complete the episode. We shot in a small hokkien village in Gombak. The villagers were surprisingly very accommodating and friendly.
Tomorrow we start one of the more ambitious episodes entitled Bunian at the Mini Malaysia Park in Ayer Keroh Melaka.
Shooting these series have been strenuous and emotionally draining for me. More so when my dad is really not feeling well. I hate being away from home for long stretches. Hope he gets better.

No comments: