Saturday, September 13, 2008

NOT GOING TO PUSAN...HOHUM

I have just received an email from the organisers of the Pusan International Film Festival and unfortunately due to financial constraints, they could only invite filmmakers whose films are in the main competition categories. Wokkeyyyy!
So, I guess I don't have to fret too much about flying to Pusan on the second day of Hari Raya.
The funny thing is that they are willing to give me my accreditation or festival badge if I can make the trip at my own expenses. Hahahaha! I just checked the Korean Air website and the ticket to Pusan, return-economy, is around RM10,000.00!!! That's about three trips to Pattaya for golf!! No way am I going to pay that amount for air tickets - and I have not yet computed lodging and food costs, if I do go. So, Pusan is out of the question.
However, I heard FINAS does give local filmmakers funds for attending international film festivals, but I think I need to apply months ago to be able for such entitlement. The festival is about three weeks away, so I guess that's out of the question.
Never mind. As attending film festivals go, I can, however, look forward to going to the Balinale (Bali International Film Festival) in Denpasar next month, the Asia-Pacific Film Festival in Jakarta around 19th-23rd November, the JakJazz Festival end of November and the Jakarta International Film Festival (JIFF) during the first week of December. What about the Kuala Lumpur International Film Festival? I guess I'll give that a miss as I don't have any information about KLIFF at all.
Anyway, back to Pusan, according to the program, Budak Lapok will get its first international screening on the 3rd of October in the afternoon. Do check the PIFF website for more details.

No comments: