Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI


I would like to wish all my friends, relatives and readers Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri dan Maaf Zahir Batin. For those outside Malaysia, I wish them all Eid Mubarak.
After a month of contemplation, jihad against all that is sinful and compiling brownie points, tomorrow (1st October 2008) is when everything falls into place - a celebration of our victory.
I'm hardly what you may call pious or even religious, but what I try to do is to go through life without doing harm to others, by being honest, by doing good things, helping the needy and loving my family.
I have friends from all walks of life - Muslims, Christians, Hindus, atheists, Buddhists, Taoists, agnostics, Malays, Indians, Chinese, Eurasians, Westerners, males, females, in-betweens. As long as they are my friends, I treat them as they treat me.
We should not hate anyone because of their color or creed. We should not detest them because of their religious inclinations. For example, I know of many Muslims Malays that are untrustworthy, and I also know of many non-Muslims whom I would also trust more.
It is a funny world.
We need to make this world a great place for our children and their children. They face uncertain times - and these uncertain times are not the makings of religion or race - but by men who have attained positions by varied means and have made the climate as such. We need them (our children) to be prepared, to be good citizens and good people. We need them to grow up and be more civil, honest and truthful. But it is up to us to make sure that the world they live in is somewhat ideal for them.
With that, once again, to those whom toes I have trod on, slighted in any way, I humbly apologise and ask for forgiveness. Let's start anew and hope that tomorrow begins a better future for all of us.

No comments: