Friday, August 8, 2008

WHY I DID NOT ATTEND THE OPENING OF THE FILM FESTIVAL

The official opening of the Malaysian Film Festival was held last night (Thursday 7th August) at the Alamanda Mall in Putrajaya.
I didn't attend. I was invited. But of course, the officials and members of the organising committees invited me verbally when I met them at the symposiun held earlier at the National Art Gallery.
So, I was contemplating of going. Even the heavy thunderstorm and the massive traffic jams cannot deter me from heading towards Putrajaya.
But then I received a call from a friend. He said: "Hey come join me for dinner. Thongchai Jaidee will be there."
Damn....should I go to Putrajaya where all the beautiful glam people gather for the opening ceremony or go to Bangsar to have dinner with Thongchai Jaidee (pic below) - the best golfer to have emerged from this region?

Actually, it wasn't much of a dilemma. I was in Bangsar in a jiffy and had dinner with the Thai golf sensation.
He was in Kuala Lumpur participating in the Selangor Masters held at Seri Selangor Golf Course. He is currently the two day leader and scored a magnificent 8 under on the second day. I listened in awe as he described how he conquered the Par 5 18th. He drove his tee shot to about 125 meters of the green and hit his second with a wedge which sailed over the pin. Jeez...this is the hole that I am happy to be on in five strokes. And he was talking about over shooting it in two! Damn!

No comments: